Concertos & Sonatas with Recorder
• Concerto in F QV5:139 for recorder and strings
• Concerto in G minor QV6:8a for recorder, flute and strings
• Trio Sonata in C QV2:Anh.3 for recorder, flute and b.c.
• Trio Sonata in G minor QV2:20 for recorder, violin and b.c.
Collegium Pro Musica
Stefano Bagliano recorder
· Johann Joachim Quantz (1697-1773) was a composer, theorist, flutist and flute maker of great name and fame. Despite being of humble origin he quickly rose to great eminence, becoming a personal friend and court composer of Frederick The Great, living happily at the sumptuous Potsdam court for 32 years, where he produced over 300 works for the flute, playing them on the specially devised instruments that brought out their particular melodic beauty.
· This new recording includes two Concertos for recorder and strings, a trio sonata for recorder, flute and B.C. and a trio sonata for recorder, violin and B.C. Works of great charm, melodious inventiveness and brilliant virtuosity.
· Played by one of Italy’s foremost recorder players, Stefano Bagliano, together with his musical friends violinist Federico Guglielmo, flutist Lorenzo Cavasanti and harpsichordist Andrea Coen.
· Liner notes in English and Italian, written by the artist.
Brilliant Classics 95386BR
|Release Period||January 2018|