PRETTY YENDE Dreams
1. Gounod: Roméo et Juliet - Je veux vivre dans ce rève
2. Donizetti: Lucia di Lammermoor - Mad scene "Il dolce suono…Spargi d'amaro pianto"
3. Bellini: Sonnambula – Sleepwalking scene "Ah se una volta ancora… Ah non credea mirarti"
4. Bellini: La Straniera (Alaide) - "Sono all'ara"
5. Donizetti: Linda di Chamounix - Ah tardai troppo…O luce di quest' anima
6. Meyerbeer: Dinorah (Le Pardon de Ploermel) - Ombre légère
Orchestra Sinfonica di Milano Giuseppe Verdi / Giacomo Sagripanti
South African soprano Pretty Yende lives her Cinderella story in her brand new album, Dreams.
Dreams is the theme of Pretty Yende's second album with signature pieces from the belcanto repertoire including Je veux vivre from Gounod's Roméo et Juliet and Lucia's mad scene.
Pretty Yende not only slips into the various dreams of young opera heroines but also pays homage to her own dream come true becoming one of today's most celebrated sopranos.
Pretty's debut album, A Journey gained sensational media attention worldwide with appearances on the biggest TV shows in US and France in addition to receiving the 2017 International Opera Award for Best Recording – Solo Recital
"A Soprano called Pretty – and she's pretty fabulous […] She tackles some of the most fearsome challenges in the bel canto repertoire with fearless attack." The Times
"Her voice is hugely flexible and here used without strain in even the most demanding passages. She displays not only a top-class vocal and dramatic technique but also a high-wire artist's courage and confidence. It's the sheer brilliance of her attack that leaves audiences around the world clamouring for more." Daily Mail
|Release Period||November 2017|